Submissions/Klexikon the free encyclopedia for children poster
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 7011 Subject - P1
- Title of the submission
Klexikon - a free encyclopedia for children
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
Ziko van Dijk
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
ZUM Zentrale für Unterrichtsmedien im Internet
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
The poster explains the history and present of the Klexikon, a wiki website for children in German. The Klexikon was created with support of Wikimedia Deutschland and is hosted by ZUM, an organisation for open educational resources and wikis. Just like Wikipedia, the Klexikon is an encylcopedia but with content suitable for children from six to twelve.
The poster is based on the 2015 report for WMDE and further experiences since then. One motive for this poster is to encourage similar projects in other languages.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
The Klexikon is based on similar principles as Wikipedia but has different ways to reach its goal; it stimulates to think about Wikipedia. One motive for this poster is to encourage similar projects in other languages.
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 03:13, 9 April 2017 (UTC)
- Jamie Tubers (talk) 16:53, 9 April 2017 (UTC)
- Much of my great love for Wikipedia came from my love for encyclopedias, which I developed when I was five years old and read an encyclopedia made especially for children. Although it had its flaws, it was good enough to bring me to where I am today, dedicating much of my waking time to Wikipedia in one way or another. This is a very interesting topic. Related: Submissions/Working with kids : Wikipedia vs Vikidia. --Amir É. Aharoni (talk) 10:06, 11 April 2017 (UTC)
- GastelEtzwane (talk) 18:01, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
- Olaniyan Olushola (talk) 21:37, 3 May 2017 (UTC)