Submissions/Increasing awareness of Wikipedia: How to forge strategic partnerships to achieve this goal?
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 2096 - C5, C10
- Title of the submission
Increasing awareness of Wikipedia: How to forge strategic partnerships to achieve this goal?
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
Partnerships and Global Reach team, Wikimedia Foundation.
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
RAyyakkannu (WMF), JRabah (WMF), JVargas (WMF), AVrana (WMF)
- Country of origin
India, Jordan, Colombia, Brazil
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Why is awareness of Wikipedia important to our mission? This presentation will show the importance of working to increase awareness of Wikipedia (new readers and editors).
The presentation will show different examples, and will be followed by a workshop. We will present problem scenarios and encourage groups of attendees to come up with awareness solutions.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Participants to walk away with concrete ideas on how they can raise awareness in their country through partnerships and how they can find such partners.
- Theme of presentation
Outreach and education / project community and community development
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).