Submissions/Improvements to the reading and discovery experiences
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 3050, T3, TC, C10
- Title of the submission
- Reading and Discovery into 2018 – What the Foundation's Annual Plan means for Reading and Discovery experiences
- Type of submission
- Panel with brief initial presentation
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- jkatzwikimedia.org, dgarrywikimedia.org
- Country of origin
- USA, IE/UK
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Every month we see more than 1 billion devices visit our projects. 2 teams at the foundation are committed to ensuring the people visiting our projects are able to find and consume what they are looking for (as well as encounter unexpected information). We would like to talk about how we prioritize work in these areas, what we've done in the past and what the coming year looks like.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- An appreciation for the steps being taken to make it easier to find, discover and consume content on our projects.
- Theme of presentation
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience? N/A
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 45 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Special requests
- This would be a particularly good talk to record and to stream, if that's possible.
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).