Submissions/How to conduct a successfull Edit a thon and Tools you need it
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. L0010
- Title of your submission
- How to conduct a successfull Edit a thon and Tools you need it
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
ranjith.sajeevgmail dot com
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Edit a thons are real boosters to wikipedia in terms of increasing number of articles, quality of article, increase user engagement, find new editors. The target of this small talk is to introduce how to conduct online edit a thon in a wikipedia and the tools to track the progress. Introduce the tools used to start an edit a thon, tools used track the event, provide daily statistics, ideal time frame of the event. Also how I created the tool  to track the event live. Templates and code snippets to manage the online event which last for a month or two.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
1) How to organize an edit a thon which boost number of articles
2) Tools and templates needed to manage an edt a thon
3) How manage and track the progress, how to inspire editors
- Theme of presentation
WikiCulture & Community
- Length of submission
All lightning talks are 5 minutes.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If I get Projector, Pin Mic, HDMI Cable for Projector, Power will try to show some pages of the templates. If not it is just a talk
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
I cannot got the Canadian visa to attend the conference. So I cannot present this talk. Lets reserve it for next wikimania.