Submissions/Global GLAM-Wiki Meetup
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Global GLAM-Wiki Meetup
- Type of submission
Birds of a feather discussion
- Author of the submission
- Alex Stinson ( User:Astinson (WMF))
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Astinson (WMF)/Sadads
- Country of origin
- United States
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- This BOF session is for folks to talk about the the larger needs and environment supporting the GLAM-Wiki community: including but not limited to:
- Trends that we are anticipating, and what infrastructure we hope will be available to support that.
- Awareness of existing communication channels and community support within the Wikimedia Community.
- Awareness of gaps and challenges from parts of the world typically not represented in our case studies and documentation.
- How to ensure that programmatic representation is part of the movement strategy following Wikimania.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
A better awareness and sense of how to participate in the GLAM-Wiki community, and how to facilitate increased global impact from existing work.
- Theme of presentation
- Length of session requested
- 75-90 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final? Final
Interested attendees[edit | edit source]
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).