Submissions/Facilitation Skills for Humans
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 7017 Subject - GW
- Title of the submission
- Facilitation Skills for
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Asaf Bartov
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
Facilitation is a set of practices and a role that concerns itself with assisting (usually goal-oriented) conversations run smoothly and productively. It is distinct from leading or controlling the conversation. Facilitation relies on fairly well-understood principles in human psychology and sociology, and when done well, can transform dysfunctional conversations or situations into healthy and constructive ones. In this workshop, I will present the importance of good facilitation, and teach some basic facilitation techniques. The participants will get to practice the techniques in small groups.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Practical skills in facilitating discussions, based on presented techniques as well as exercises in small groups
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Beginner to Intermediate
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 4 hours (that's what's needed. If the committee is interested in offering this training at Wikimania, I'll need 4 hours. If it's impossible, no worries. But I can't get through what I want to teach in less.)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- U-shaped or configurable room
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).