Submissions/Discussing BIAS in developing software
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
Discussing BIAS in developing software
- Type of submission
Birds of a feather discussion
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
When Software is developed the implicit bias of the developer is activated. Together with developers we want to discuss how we can use our specific bias to change social presets.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Attendees will get an understanding on different bias setups and learn how to become aware of it and how to improve it in software development.
- Theme of presentation
Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- Length of session requested
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).