Submissions/Developing your minimal+functional MW Extension
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 3042 - TW, T1
- Title of the submission
- Developing a (mimial+functional) MW extension
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- This 50 minutes workshop is for total beginners to Mediawiki software to setup the development environment in their machine, and write a simple working extension. The documentation for the workshop was actually created for another event, but would generally work on any audience new to Mediawiki software development. The extension will based on the BoilerPlateextension, and the agenda for the workshop will be strictly based on this.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
The attendees will setup MW development environment in their machine and create+install a small extension as per the documentations at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:01tonythomas/Hackathons/ExtensionHack. They will follow asynchronously while the developers in the room can help around. The participants would learn essentially the following with extension development:
- How MW core and extensions are connected
- Working of Mediawiki hooks - and implementing them on extensions
- Connecting your Mediawiki extension with the Echo extension (for notifications).
- Theme of presentation
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
Beginning - the workshop is specificially designed for attendees with no prioir experience with installing and working with Mediawiki development.
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 50 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Wassan.anmol (talk) 11:47, 11 May 2017 (UTC)