Submissions/Creating an Inclusive and Healthy Wikimedia Community based on the "Feminist Principles of the Internet"
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 2082 - C6 C4
- Title of the submission
- Creating an Inclusive and Healthy Wikimedia Community based on the "Feminist Principles of the Internet"
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- FloNight/Sydney Poore
- type of submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- United States
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- WikiWomen's User Group, Whose Knowledge?, Wiki Project Med Foundation, and Kentucky Wikimedians User Group
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- A workshop to imagine how that embracing the 17 Feminist Principles of the Internet will make the wikimedia movement more inclusive. The group will review the Feminist Principles of Internet and discuss in small groups the similarities and differences between the core values of the wikimedia movement and the Feminist Principles of the Internet.
- What will attendees take away from this session? The participants will gain a better understanding of how the wikimedia movement could be more inclusive and healthy if additional values and principles are embraced by the wikimedia community.
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 50 minutes (can do shorter as lecture)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Feminist Principles of the Internet
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Funcrunch (talk) 15:10, 19 February 2017 (UTC)
- Mssemantics (talk) 22:55, 21 February 2017 (UTC)
- --Marinna (talk) 23:44, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
- Jackiekoerner (talk) 21:28, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
- Schiste (talk) 11:23, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
- Smallbones (talk) 01:30, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- Seeeko (talk) 05:33, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
- Rhododendrites (talk) 13:43, 27 March 2017 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 22:30, 27 March 2017 (UTC)
- Shameran81 (talk) 22:28, 28 March 2017 (UTC)
- Avery D Jensen (talk) 04:10, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
- Kvardek du (talk) 21:38, 8 April 2017 (UTC)
- Susannaanas (talk) 05:14, 11 April 2017 (UTC)
- RachelWex (talk) 21:37, 11 April 2017 (UTC)