Submissions/Create your own outreach program for tech volunteers with Design Thinking
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 3039 - TW
- Title of the submission
- Create your own outreach program for tech volunteers with Design Thinking
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Greta Doci (usergroup Albania)
- Sandra Müllrick (Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.)
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedian of Albanian Language User Group (m:Wikimedians_of_Albanian_Language_User_Group) Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. (https://wikimedia.de/wiki/Hauptseite)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- For the last two years, at the Software Development & Engineering Department of Wikimedia Deutschland e.V., we have been supporting developers as part of our mentoring program and our outreach activities to FOSS developers with a varity of methods.
- We had the great opportunity to analyse and test different formats, like focussed interviews & role models blog post's with tech volunteers, a tech mentoring program @ WMDE, Game Jam (Gamification Hackathon for free knowledge), EnthusiastiCon(Tech Talks), Source Code Berlin (Tech Podcast), LadiesthatFoss and MeetUps (Mentoring program for Women in Tech with Wikimedia, Mozilla and other tech projects). Greta Doci as volunteer developer involved in these program & expierenced progam manager of the Albanien Language User Group and Sandra Müllrick as program manager WMDE will sum up experiences, activities & learnings of these two years and will show all attendees a method how they can develop their individual programs, evaluate & testing it pretty fast with the design thinking approach.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Learnings from WMDE Outreach tech volunteers activities & Albanien Language Usergroup outreach activities (e.g. target audience, instruments, failures, evaluation metrics)
- Design Thinking Method to know, how to gain ideas, test & evaluate individual programs
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Volunteers, Affiliates who are interested in Outreach Programs to gain new target audience for the Wikimedia Projects
- Beginners up to Intermediates
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 15 Min Input via Presentation 45 Min Design Thinking Workshop to develop your own outreach program
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Not sure yet.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- m:Grants:APG/Proposals/2015-2016 round1/Wikimedia Deutschland e.V./Impact report form#Goal 2b: Assure sustainability of Berlin-based software development hub through building relationships with established and emerging FOSS developers and activists
- m:Grants:APG/Proposals/2014-2015 round1/Wikimedia Deutschland e.V./Impact report form#FOSS Outreach and Mentoring Program
- Special requests
need to print out worksheets
Wall for the post its
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).