The Wikimedia Foundation has negotiated special discounted accommodation rates for our attendees at the following properties:
- The Le Centre Sheraton Montreal is the conference headquarters hotel, where the conference will be taking place.
- Rooms are available to book at a discounted rated until June 30 through the link provided above. Rooms are subject to availability.
- Most of the WMF personnel and scholarship recipients will be housed here. The WMF will be handling bookings for these people separately.
- Rate: $189 CAN/night for single, double, triple or quadruple room. Internet access is included in the rate. Rates do not include taxes, which are (as of May 2017): Lodging tax (3.5% per room per night), Federal sales tax (5%), Provincial sales tax (9.975%).
- Children under 18 yrs old may share parent’s rooms at no extra charge.
- Group & Chapter Bookings may be made by calling the Central Office for all Sheraton Hotels at 1-800-325-3535. You must reference the Wikimania Convention to receive the special rate. The central office is open 24/7 so bookings can be made at any time.
- Grey Nun’s Residence (French: "Maison Mère des Soeurs Grises") is a residential facility that houses students at Concordia University during the school year. The facilities are a short 8 minute walk from Le Centre Sheraton Montreal.
- Deadline to book is July 24. Rooms are subject to availability so please don't delay in booking.
- Room Rates:
- Room with 1 single bed, sink and shared washroom - $46 CAN/per night plus taxes
- Room with 2 single beds, sink and shared washroom - $70 CAN/per night plus taxes
- Room with 1 double bed sink and shared washroom - $65 CAN/per night plus taxes
- Individual Bookings:
- To reserve accommodation at the Grey Nuns Residence go to the online booking page.
- Enter dates required and the number of adults per room (rooms must be booked individually, for group bookings see below).
- To benefit from specially negotiated rates use group code Wiki2017 in the “Do you have a group code?” section.
- Complete reservation process.
- Group Bookings for 5 Rooms or More: For group bookings (5 or more rooms) contact Sarah Caille at firstname.lastname@example.org with the dates of your stay and the number and types of room you would like to reserve.