Talk:Submissions/New Wikimedian Order - How to represent Wikimedia's values in international organisations?
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Primary target group: All, especially European (EU) language Wikipedias
- Critical issue: Not sure. COPYVIO issues?
- Cross-Wiki significance: Yes (EU)
- Abstract: Clear enough to attract those who will be interested.
- Concept: Intellectual property law
- Other concerns: Wikipedia , as I understand it, strives to accommodate all nations' intellectual property laws, but not to be a platform for getting them changed, but this depends on the strength and objectivity of the advocacy group(s). Partly duplicates the submission at How the intellectual property regime is killing free knowledge and innovation in the Global South, and The EU copyright reform is coming and will affect Wikipedia. The abstract asks many questions, therefore this may be more suitable for a disussion than a 25 minute presentation, but selection should take care that presentations do not seriously overlap or duplicate their content.
Kudpung (talk) 04:40, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
in the past, I proposed to get DC Wikimedia chapter observer status in UNESCO hearing to present papers. Will this presentation give us the tools to do that? Geraldshields11 (talk) 15:28, 21 March 2017 (UTC)