Talk:Submissions/It's alive! The EU copyright reform is coming and will affect Wikipedia.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Primary target group: All, especially European (EU) language Wikipedias
- Critical issue: Not sure. COPYVIO issues?
- Cross-Wiki significance: Yes (EU)
- Abstract: Clear enough to attract those who will be interested.
- Concept: Intellectual property law
- Other concerns: Wikipedia , as I understand it, strives to accommodate all nations' intellectual property laws, but not to be a platform for getting them changed, but this depends on the strength and objectivity of the advocacy group(s). Partly duplicates the submission at How the intellectual property regime is killing free knowledge and innovation in the Global South, but is more objective and sounds less like a political protest. Some emphasis will need to be lent to the presentation in the light of the fact that while English is pretty much the lingua franca of the EU, the UK, although in geographic Europe, will soon no longer be a part of it and will be reestablishing its own copyright laws independent of those of the EU, and which will not necessarily be aligned with intellectual property laws in the USA.
- Certainly IMO, a possible candidate for a 25 minute presentation.