Submissions/Wikipedia and dialogue among civilizations
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 2031 Subject - C6
- Wikipedia and dialogue among civilizations
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Language of presentation
- English and Persian (also Montreal is full of Iranian immigrants and other Persian speakers, so we are ready to serve the conferences both in English and Persian)
- E-mail address
- TheStrayDog (An Active user in wiki-projects and founder of Association of Wikipedians Who Dislike Clash of Civilizations in Wikipedia), Shirzad Peik Herfeh (Assist. Prof. Dr. Peik Herfeh a senior member of "International Economics Development Research Center" (IEDRC), Kowloon, Hong Kong and a Moral Philosopher at "Imam Khomeini International University")
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Imam Khomeini International University
- Personal homepage or blog
- Association of Wikipedians Who Dislike Clash of Civilizations in Wikipedia
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- From beginning of the Wikimedia projects until now, we saw lots of successful free knowledge sharing projects here. It was grateful and pleasant for me to work near other wiki-fellows here. But in the other side, we have some problems to resolve; such as aspect of Clash of Civilizations here. For example: An Azerbaijani wikipedian try to show the "Median Empire an People" as a Turkic Empire/People, despite it was a Indo-Iranian (Indo-Euoropean) Empire/People; or an Arab wikipedian wants to show "Persian Gulf" as "Arabian Gulf" because he\she is Arab (pro-Arab). Nevertheless, this is an encyclopedia not a place to "Clash" (political, religious, racist etc.), To promote or to "hate". we must be "Neutral" and "Moral" here as real professional editors. The world knows Iranians reformists for the idea of "Dialogue among civilizations" which became the name of the year 2001 by United Nations, as a result of Iranian scholar's idea "Former Reformist President Mohammad Khatami". We (me and Dr. Peik Herfe) wants to share our knowledge on this aspect of peace (on free knowledge sharing). We are both active in Wikipedia and University respectively, And may dream to establish a new Wikimedia-project we called it "WikiDialogue" which is our lifetime dream.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Respect the Collective wisdom
- Respect other beliefs
- Respect other races
- Respect other religions
- Respect other nations
- Respect another ethnicity
- Theme of presentation
- Sister Projects
- WikiCulture & Community
- Legal & Free Culture
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).