Submissions/Sally searched for sea shells on the seashore—but, did she find them?
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 3059 - TC, T1
- Title of the submission
- Sally searched for sea shells on the seashore—but, did she find them?
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Deb Tankersley
- Dan Garry
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- United States (Deb Tankersley)
- Ireland / United Kingdom (Dan Garry)
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- The Discovery Search team has done a multitude of new features, finessing of code, and updates over the last year. We’d like to show you how we came up with these ideas and how we implemented them on our sites. This will include updates on search result relevance, the back end search APIs, language analyzers, machine learning, and more. We’ll also discuss new functionality that Wikipedia users interact with on a daily basis—the search results page.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- They’ll know what work has been done this past year in all things search, as well as how they can get involved and help out.
- Theme of presentation
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- This session will be around an hour. Slightly shorter or longer to fit the schedule is fine.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- There will be slides, but they have not been made yet.
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
This is a Completed submission for Wikimania 2017 ready to be reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).