Submissions/Motivation to edit wikipedia
This is an Open submission for Wikimania 2017 that has not yet been reviewed by a member of the Programme Committee.
- Submission no. 2102 - C6
- Title of the submission
- Motivation to edit Wikipedia
- Type of submission (lecture, discussion, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Mounir Touzri
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia TN user group
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Motivation is a theoretical construct used to explain behaviour. It gives the reasons for people's actions the question is why people action to edit Wikipedia ?, As part of this presentation we will present the reasons and the motivations of actives users to edit, and we will take some examples and experiences, We will also talk about the needs of a publisher to be an active contributor on wikipedia.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- en Wikipedia Motivation